- This event has passed.
Teaching for Deeper Learning (Texas ASCD) – Day 2 of 2
September 23 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm EDT$399.00
A New Two-Day Online Academy with Harvey Silver and Jay McTighe
September 22, 2021—September 23, 2021
9:00AM – 4:00PM CT
As educators, we want all students to learn deeply and well. Yet far too often, students attain only a superficial level of knowledge that fails to prepare them for deeper challenges in school and beyond. Why is this the case? And what can we do about it?
In this two-day online institute, Jay McTighe and Harvey Silver, authors of ASCD’s bestselling member book Teaching for Deeper Learning, will guide you through the what, why, and how of deep learning: What it is, why it’s so critical to student success, and how to make it work in your classroom, school, or district. Together, Jay and Harvey will show you how to raise student achievement and close learning gaps by establishing a deep learning culture—one that teaches all students the skills they need to build deep understanding of important content and transfer their learning to the real world.
You will learn…
- Why teaching for deeper learning is essential for students’ success in today’s world—and for closing the learning gaps caused by disrupted learning.
- The two key shifts needed to establish a deep learning mindset in classrooms, schools, and across the district.
- How to frame instruction around big ideas to promote conceptual thinking and transfer.
- The seven deeper-learning skills presented in Teaching for Deeper Learning.
- A set of tools and strategies for developing students’ deeper-learning skills.
This innovative online session will also include virtual breakout sessions and opportunities to design lessons collaboratively.
TEXAS EDUCATORS: Participants will receive 12 hours of TEA-approved Continuing Education Credits.