SUMMER ACADEMY SERIES
Designing and Delivering Instruction for Deeper Learning
Visionary education leaders and best-selling authors Jay McTighe and Harvey Silver are back with an all-new interactive academy based on their recent collaboration and forthcoming ASCD book!
Dr. Harvey Silver
THREE DAYS OF LEARNING
8:30 AM to 3:30 PM
South Suburban College
South Holland, IL
Cost Details: $599 per participant – includes registration, materials, and food (breakfast, lunch, snacks) for all three days
Designed for all levels of educators and instructional leaders, this three-day academy brings together the top experts in instructional design and delivery for an interactive learning and working session.
In connecting the renowned Understanding by Design framework for curriculum and assessment design with the practical tools and strategies of The Thoughtful Classroom, this academy will help you raise student achievement by focusing on what matters most: crafting dynamic units that promote active learning, deep understanding, and long-term transfer.
In this academy, participants will learn…
- The foundations of Understanding by Design and a simple but powerful design framework that ensures high-quality teaching and learning.
- How to design instruction and assessment around authentic tasks that promote active learning and deep understanding.
- A set of practical instructional tools and strategies that promote meaning making and long-term transfer.
- Motivational levers for developing highly engaged classrooms.
- How to use a collection of powerful web-based resources.
Participants will also…
- Work with fellow educators to plan model units and lessons.
- Receive personal feedback and coaching from Jay and Harvey on their curriculum and instructional designs.
- Leave with refined lessons and units optimized for active learning, deep understanding, and long-term transfer.
Bring lesson- and unit-planning resources to this session and leave with powerful instructional designs that you can implement immediately!
ILLINOIS PD CREDITS
Certified Illinois educators can receive 18 credits/hours for attending the full three-day academy.
This all-new academy will feature content from Harvey and Jay’s upcoming new book, published by ASCD: Meaning Making: Tools and Strategies for Engaging All Students in Deep Learning
Ordering by PO?
If you would like to register by PO, please download and fill out a registration form for each participant. Fax the completed forms and your PO to 201-652-1127 or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org