Foreword by Heidi Hayes Jacobs
Looking for strategies to translate the Common Core into classroom practice? Enter The Core Six: a collection of six research-based, classroom-proven strategies that will help you and your students respond to the demands of the Common Core. Relying on more than 40 years of research and insight from classroom teachers, the authors have selected these six strategies for their ability to raise student achievement and refined each one to build the most critical Common Core skills. Best of all, these six strategies can be used across all grade levels and subject areas. For each strategy, this practical resource provides
- An explanation of how the strategy addresses specific Common Core goals.
- The research behind the strategy.
- A checklist for implementing the strategy in any classroom.
- Multiple sample lessons that illustrate the strategy in action.
- Planning considerations to ensure effective use of the strategy.
Over 135,000 copies sold!